The 124th Cavalry Association Board has met its goal of funding an educational scholarship program for the family of Association members.
To qualify and apply for The 124th Cavalry Association Scholarship, you must be able to answer YES to all of the following questions.
- Are you currently a high school senior and/or accepted at or attending an institution of higher education?
- Are you 17 years old or older?
- Is your institution of higher education a nonprofit and regionally-accredited institution? (If you are unsure, contact your institution's admission office. Regional accreditation applies to the whole school, not a program.)
- Are you the spouse, son or daughter of a member in good standing of the 124th Cavalry Association?
- Are you a U.S. Citizen?
If you can answer YES to the previous questions, you may fill out this application.
- One scholarship of up to $500 will be awarded each year.
- Scholarship will be paid directly to the institution for tuition and fees.
- This application must be postmarked by June 30th. (2017 deadline extended to 10 July 2017)
- Mail to: 124th Cavalry Association – Scholarship Board, 2120 N. New Road, Waco, Texas 76707
Along with this application, please submit the following:
- Two letters of recommendation.
- College letter of acceptance.
- If you have not yet been accepted, please send a copy of your letter as soon as you receive it.
- A three-page response to the following essay topics (double-spaced, 12pt font)
- Why do you want to go to college?
- Why is the Texas Army National Guard important to the United States and Texas?
- Tell us about yourself, your goals for the future and how this scholarship would help you obtain them.